Introduction To The Historical Development Background Of Diamond Tools

- Mar 07, 2019-

Invention and creation tools are the extension of human ability, the symbol of human wisdom and the lever to promote social development and progress. Tools play an irreplaceable role in the history of human development, and with the high efficiency and high precision of the work requirements, the production technology requirements for tools are getting higher and higher.


50 years ago people are struggling to find how to change the hard brittle materials processing of hard and inefficient labor status, until 1955, artificial diamond synthesis of success in the United States for the first time, which laid a foundation for manufacturing diamond tools and promotion, as well as many tough hard brittle non-metallic materials processing industry has brought the dawn, become an epoch-making tool revolution in the history of mankind, the machining efficiency significantly higher than in the past, diamond tools, with its unique performance advantages, become the recognized today, the only effective hard brittle non-metallic materials processing tools, for example, can only in diamond tool machining of hard ceramic, There are no other substitutes. Diamond wheels are used to grind hard alloys and last ten thousand times longer than silicon carbide. Using diamond abrasive instead of silicon carbide abrasive to process optical glass, the production efficiency can be increased several times to dozens of times. The service life of diamond polycrystalline drawing die is 250 times longer than that of hard alloy drawing die.


With the continuous development of our economy, not only diamond tools are widely used in civil building and civil engineering, stone processing industry, automobile industry, transportation industry, geological exploration and defense industry and other modern high-tech fields, and precious stones, medical equipment, wood, glass, stone crafts, ceramic and composite non-metallic hard brittle materials, and many other new fields appear constantly, social demand for diamond tools is sharply increased year by year. In terms of product positioning, diamond tool market is generally divided into professional market and general market. The requirements of the professional market for diamond tools are mainly reflected in the high requirements for performance indicators, that is, for specific cutting equipment and specific cutting materials, diamond tools must meet certain cutting efficiency, cutting life, machining accuracy and other technical indicators. The output of professional diamond tools is only about 10% of the total amount of diamond tools, but its market sales account for 80% ~ 90% of the total amount of diamond tools.


In the 1960s, diamond tool manufacturing industry took the lead in industrialized countries in Europe and America and developed rapidly. In the 1970s, Japan quickly became one of the leading manufacturers of diamond tools because of its relatively low manufacturing cost. In the 1980s, South Korea replaced Japan as a rising star in the diamond tool industry. In the 90 s, with the rise of China's manufacturing industry in the world, China's manufacturing diamond tools are also beginning to start, and gradually showed strong competitiveness, after ten years of development, production of diamond tools in China have been thousands of manufacturers, the annual output value of more than ten billion yuan, after South Korea has become the current international market one of the main supplier of diamond tools.


With the accumulation and progress of China's diamond tool manufacturing technology, Chinese diamond tool enterprises are now fully capable of manufacturing medium and high-grade diamond tools, and have a significant advantage in product cost performance. The former technical monopoly of western countries in the medium and high-end professional market has been broken. The trend of Chinese diamond tool enterprises to enter the middle and high-end market has already appeared.


In terms of product types, Chinese diamond tool enterprises mainly produce: diamond saw blades, diamond drill bits, diamond bowl grinding and diamond tools, diamond, diamond resin grinding blocks and other products. Among them, diamond saw blade is the largest variety of diamond tool enterprises in China.