Diamond composite (PDC) is a kind of super hard cutting tool material developed in 1970s. Tools made from it are used to cut various non-ferrous metals and nonmetals, and can be used to cut diamond grinding wheels. When it is used to cut the grinding wheel, it has the following characteristics:
1. High hardness and wear resistance: the hardness of polycrystalline diamond layer is generally HV7000 ~ 9000, and all directions are in the same direction, which is 2 ~ 4 times of the hardness of general grinding wheel grinding material. It can be used to cut grinding wheel with high durability, and its volume abrasion ratio can reach 1/13 million. The mass abrasion ratio can reach 1/3 million, thus reducing the production cost.
2. High bending strength: the bending strength of diamond is 210 ~ 490MPa, while the composite layer of PDC blade is supported by a thick hard alloy with high bending strength, and its composite bending strength can reach 1500 MPa, so in the cutting process, there is no blade collapse or fracture.
3. The grinding wheel is prone to edge breakage when cutting: when cutting the grinding wheel with a large main deviation Angle, cut the edge prone to edge breakage from the cutting source. In order to solve this problem, the circular blade is used to change the main deflection Angle and make the cut smooth. No edge breakage occurs when the feed quantity is 1 ~ 1.5mm.
4. The chip is powdery: the chip of the grinding wheel is powdery, and the tool wear is in the form of the back surface wear, which mainly bears the wear of abrasive material of the grinding wheel.
5. Cutting force and cutting temperature are low: the diamond composite sheet has high thermal conductivity, 1.5 ~ 9 times of the hard alloy, 2 ~ 6 times of the copper, so that the temperature of the cutting zone is quickly transmitted. Therefore, the temperature of cutting resin bond or ceramic bond grinding wheel with diamond composite cutter is many times lower than that of cutting metal.
6. Compared with traditional turning tools, there is almost no dust flying in the turning process of diamond composite sheet, and the noise is effectively reduced. The working environment is further improved, which is beneficial to the physical and mental health of employees.